Contest Number One:
Ali has a fun contest: Name your summer knitting goals:
I’m going to try to keep mine simple.
1. “Cannes” in cotton braid from Rowan Beach Cool.
3. Swallowtail shawl
4. Six pairs of socks
5. Fall sweaters for the boys.
Think I can handle all that?
Contest Number Two:
For the Summer Dishcloth Swap:
What gives me hope? Watching my boys play. No matter what else is going on in the world, all I have to do is watch them and it’s all okay.
My summer adventure? Our first real family vacation, all on our own, to Colarado!!
And a meme from Shelly:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their 8 random things and post the rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. We have pizza every Friday night. I used to make homeade but I’ve been slacking since Knittybaby was born and we’ve been ordering out.
2. My last big vacation was to Cape Cod. We took the train because we thought it would be romantic. Unfortunately, our train was stinky and we couldn’t get any food. But Cape Cod was awesome.
3. My mom’s half of the family is from New Jersey. I love the east coast and wish we could visit more often.
4. I am in love with living in the city. I also am in love with the idea of having a farm with fiber animals. Can’t have both, and I’m not sure if I’d really like having a hobby farm of if I just like the idea of it.
5. The Skeptic and I fell head over heels when we were only nineteen. I met him because a fellow bassoonist had a huge crush on him. They dated, it didn’t work out. Lucky for me:-)
6. I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 16.
7. I’ve finally decided to get my butt to IKEA, buy a bunch of shelving and cabinetry, and get all my yarn, fleece and fabric organized.
8. I’m a BBC junkie. I would move to the UK just to have full access. Instead I’m stuck watching five year old episodes of Eastenders.
Okay, I tag: Mama Grouch, Purple Purl Girl, Jess, Craftlilly, Christy, Sassy Priscilla, Kittymommy, and Guinifer. Have fun!!!
6 responses to “Contests and a Meme”
All this is fascinating, but I’m distracted by “fellow bassoonist!” You’re a bassoonist? Sweet!!
Where will you be going in Colorado? What a great place to be in the summer! 🙂
We’re huge pizza lovers too! My kids could eat it all the time. I bow down to you making your own though. I haven’t gotten it together to do that.
I think the best thing would be to have friends who have a farm and visit them. 🙂
Rats, I was going to tag you, but you beat me to it! I had already started the same meme from another tag when I discovered yours! I hope my post counts for both!
Holy smokes! I’ve never been tagged. Thanks! I’ll have to work on this!!