There is so much I could write after these first three weeks. It’s been a priceless time, getting to know our new little guy. We are all so in love with him!! Little Man and Knittykid are head over heels, and although there has definitely been some big brother drama with our two older guys, they absolutely adore their little brother as much as we do.
I’m too tired to write a ton (just about time for the wee guy and I to head up to bed) so I’m going to leave you with the fabulous one liners that Knittykid has been blessing us with these weeks in regards to his new sibling:
- “Can we go watch Bob the Builder now?” Said literally five minutes after he watched his baby brother be born. Apparently birth is just another part of the morning routine when you’re two: Eat cheerios, watch brother be born, TV time. Makes sense, right?
- Can you put that baby on the table/on Daddy/right over there? I want Mama time.
- Can I bite the baby? (Said in the sweetest voice) Noooo, I can’t bite the baby, but I can bite raisins!!!
- I don’t think my baby is coming out. As he points to his tummy oh so sadly.
- My baby is coming out!!! My baby is coming out! Oh. no it isn’t…. Coming to grips with the fact that he is not really pregnant like Mama was, despite that he’s insisted on for the last six months.
I’ll have a blog name for our newest boy in the next post, hopefully!! I’m still working on one.
We are thrilled to announce the birth of our third wonderful baby boy!!!!!
Our lovely little guy was born on the morning of Tuesday, September 9th. We had an incredible waterbirth in our home and everything went exactly as we’d hoped it would. Little Man and Knittybaby are so excited to have another brother and the Skeptic and I couldn’t be more excited to be the parents of three boys!!!
Right now we’re resting up and enjoying our babymoon. I promise to post more of the story along with some pictures later next week. Now to think of a blog name for our newest little guy….
1. “Mama, you know what the scary thing is about kindergarten? Every day my teacher picks a helper, and you have to take the folder to the office all by yourself!”
2. “We had gym.”
3. “We don’t have gym until Monday.”
4. “We sat in a circle and did nothing the whole day.”
5. “My teacher let me walk all over the school by myself and I found all my friends rooms.”
6. “We were really safe because our teacher stayed with us the whole time, even in the gym.”
7. “A burglar came into the room but I chased him out.”
8. “We didn’t sing any songs or play any games.”
9. “We played Run For Your Supper.”
10. “Our teacher taught us this song.”
I’m guessing 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8 would be marked False. How I’m ever going to figure out what he really does there is beyond me. I”ll get the hang of decoding, I guess. Either way, kindergarten is cool, Little Man is happy and mighty relieved to have that first day done with.
First week of kindergarten: CHECK. Now we can officially have this baby!
Weeks that is. We’re hoping baby gives us at least one more week so Little Man can get through his first few days of kindergarten (which starts Thursday! Yes, I’m freaking out just a bit…..)
Normally I would be thinking w still had at least a week or more, but we had a false alarm Sunday night, with contractions five minutes apart all night long…enough to get the Skeptic to set up the birth tub and warrant a 3:30am call to our midwife. But they fizzled out late in the morning. However, baby has dropped and is definitely thinking about it. My contractions have picked up again tonight, on and off, so only baby really knows! 🙂
Anyway, now’s the time to take a guess! Boy or girl? Birthday? (Due date is 9/18 but both my boys were early by a week or so).
I may or may not post again until after the birth. Probably not, unless baby is fooling me and plans to hang around a few more weeks. I’ll leave you with the last soakers I made along with the last spinning I’ve done. A little more fiber before it’s all baby, all the time for awhile!
Picky Pants and Curly Purly soaker, made with yarn from Western Sky Knits:
Spinner’s Web, Promethean: