Wishing all of you a 2013 filled with joy, grace, peace and love!
Monthly Archives: December 2012
You can find my guest post, Balance, at the Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild blog today. I know most of my readers aren’t in Minneapolis, but I think that no matter where you’re at it’s a great blog to follow. Lots of great tips and tricks!
Have you been thinking of your crafting year in review? Usually I take a look back at the year, and then ahead at my goals for 2013. I do have some things for the future in mind, but funny, I don’t feel as if I have much to say about what I did/made in 2012. This year was an odd one and my mind was often elsewhere. So perhaps I’ll think on it a few days. In the meantime, I’m going to finish up my Christmas knitting, as my brother was this year’s winner of “Who will get a gift still on the needles?”
And I will wish you all al Happy New Year today, as I know the next few days will be a busy one! See you in 2013!!
- The 10 inches of snow we received in Minneapolis this weekend.
- Watching my neighbors get their snow legs back .(People! Little taps folks. Never rev your tires as you will most certainly get stuck and need to recruit people to push you out.)
- The four people I saw biking in the city this morning, including the Skeptic and Spinner. My man obviously enjoys a challenge.
- My parents, who officially reached full retired parent status today by calling me to give me the road report in Burnsville. They crack me up and I am lucky to have them. 🙂
Decorating and celebrating….
- Our free range Christmas tree, which looks a cross between A Charlie Brown tree and something you might see in a hundred year old Christmas scene. This tree has soul and I love it!
- We are using The Truth is in The Tinsel for Advent this year and we really enjoy the simplicity and ease of the projects.
- We are also trying a Jesse Tree this year. I love the ornaments and the message that come with this PDF.
- By the time I am on my third kid I should know better than to leave a four year old alone with glitter.
- Christmas gifts that I wish I could share with you
- Too many Christmas gifts. Not sure I will make it this year!
- Baby girl items because I have a brand new beautiful niece who is one week old today!
I am Yarning Along again today. I miss seeing what knitters are doing on their blogs, there just isn’t as much these days, so I always enjoy Wednesdays.
So it’s December. Am I gift knitting? Yes, but barely. I have yarn wound and patterns picked out and what I am realizing is a busy knitting schedule for the next few weeks. But I am distracted by two things.
First of all, the Hexipuff. I can’t stop making them. It’s like having a bag of BBQ potato chips next to me, I just can’t stay away. And I am listening to A Game Of Thrones while I knit them. I dont’ need to follow the pattern anymore so I can just knit and listen.
I don’t believe I will do an entire quilt, but I think I will be making chair cushions out of them instead. And perhaps a pillow or two. Only trouble is I thought I would be using up stash, but much of my sock yarn just doesn’t look great together, or else I started getting sick of it. So I ended up buying a bunch of mini skeins and begging for scraps in my knitting group. So far so good though, I have a decent variety now and can easily do a few chair cushions.
My other distraction is way better than a pile of hexipuffs. I have a niece! A beautiful, 6lb teeny-tiny niece (compliments of my younger brother and his amazing wife 🙂 This family has been heavy on the boys genes…..not only do we have our three boys but I have four more nephews on the Skeptic’s side of the family and one sweet older niece, so it is good to have a little more girl balance in this family. Plus, my brother lives a mere five minutes from our house, so it is exciting for the boys to have a cousin right in town. So I have lots of girly knitting and sewing to show you, but I need to put on a few more buttons and weave in some loose ends.