Just please stop taking pictures, Mama….
I learned a lot on this project:
-If I set my mind to it I can actually get through a project rather quickly.
-I am a good enough knitter that I can rip down a cable section and re-knit it back up again, all 12 rows, without having to rip out the entire project.
-Always buy an extra skein. I actually cast off the sleeves in a different orange than the Rowan Cork because I was out and the Cork is no more. I seamed up in the contrasting orange and managed to build the tassel from the trimmings of the Cork.
-If I was more mindful of my knitting, maybe I wouldn’t mess it up so much.
-Same goes with knitting while tired.
-Cables really, really should have charts.
-I need to always have two projects to rotate between, just to get a break.
-I’m ready for a sewing binge.
Details at Ravelry.
The boys were very disappointed to discover my medals were only virtual. I’m still quite pleased!
I had to cut up the scraps of leftover yarn to make the tassle, the arms and hood could use maybe one more inch but this baby is DONE in time for Olympic Knitting glory!!!
I even have the late night ugly flash picture to prove it:
Much nicer photography to commence once blocking is done and the sun is out.
I need to go to bed.
I suffered interference of the worst kind this weekend. If I had a referee present Spinner would have spent the time in the penalty box.
Despite being one sleeve behind schedule all is not lost! You see before you one back, a left and a right front and the first 3 inches of a nine inch sleeve. If people around here would go to sleep at a decent time I might just make it. The giant size hood and the seaming might be my only downfall!
1. I am actually two more repeats past this, since I took this picture on Monday.
2. Yes, I messed up the cables in the second repeat. I messed them up on the third too. I’m not ripping them out, don’t even suggest it.
3. I think I’m going to run out of the Rowan (discontinued!!) Cork.
4. I can’t seem to stay awake long enough to get very far.
5. My plan was to have the back finished tonight. I have eight inches to go and it’s 8:45. Not gonna happen.
6. Saturday, I’m not doing jack. Just knitting and watching the Olympics!
Filed under sweaters, WIP