- Thanks for all the kind words about the baby! We are pretty thrilled around here, and it’s fun to finally get to share the news with all of you. Baby knits update to start soon. Anyone got a favorite?
- Knittybaby is hereby promoted to Knittykid. You all had such great suggestions; I really loved them all. I was tempted a lot by Knittytot, but I figured Knittykid would last longer. And who knows what other version may reappear with our little Three?
- I hosted my first ever kid birthday party today for Little Man. (His real birthday is not for a few more days). I kept it seriously low key, a few friends, a few games, cake and just hanging out. All in all it was a fun morning and it wasn’t as crazy as I thought it would be. A few moments: “No, this is a party…you can’t kick most of your friends out of the room. I think you can all build legos together…”But otherwise it was all good. And this cake? Seriously, wow, wow, wow….
- My Qiviuk Webs Tam (not made in qiviuk) made the pattern page on Ravelry (third one down). I feel like such a knitter.
- I’m obsessing over all the blankets at January One. Specifically how on earth anyone can afford to make that many blankets in STR. I looked up how much it would cost me and decided I should probably plan on sending my kids to college instead. At least the first semester, since that’s what one blanket would cost me. (Yeah, I know, I’m delusional about tuition).
- This sweater looks innocent enough:
Great contest entries so far, keep ’em coming! Remember, you get to pick the fabric, and I’ve got a lot to choose from! Link is on the sidebar…